A baby food maker is an excellent addition to any new parent’s must-have list. Certainly, making your own baby food can be quite daunting.
However, equipped with the right gear and guidance, everything flows seamlessly. Baby food makers have been around since their inception in the early 1990s.
Since then, they have saved millions of both new and accustomed parents much time and energy when making fresh and wholesome purees is inevitable.
Current baby food makers have gotten better and better. This is perhaps attributed to the advancing technology.
Fun and utmost healthy desserts like banana and blueberry puree are easily made. Carrots, sweet potato and peas blend are seconds away.
With a good food maker for babies, you get to invent recipes more like a professional chef. With this, your baby will certainly love it. There are numerous baby food makers available.
Therefore, finding the best baby food maker can be quite challenging.
Once faced with this dilemma, seat back and get a baby food maker that satisfies the following criteria.
Reviews Of The Best Baby Food Makers
There are numerous baby food makers with unique features and capabilities.
Therefore, it is prudent understanding each food maker for babies, pros, cons and then reading on best baby food maker reviews before making a purchase decision.
The Magic Bullet Baby Bullet Baby
As the name suggests, it is a bullet baby care system. With this system, you can make a whole week’s worth baby’s favorite healthy and utmost nutritious food within minutes.
It is a good blender with so many parts making storing and transporting of baby food impeccably easy.
At a glance, the Magic bullet baby care system seems an all-nice inclusive baby food making package.
However, it misses one crucial factor; the steamer.
- Can make up to 8 cups volume of puree
- Made of BPA free plastic materials
- Features dishwasher safe parts for easy care and cleaning
- Weighs 1.5lbs with dimensions of 4.25” base by 5.625” height
- Achieves one-speed control
- Comes with six storage cups for storing any surplus
- Storage cups keeps food fresh
- Makes enough food for the week
- Has a tip-proof tray
- Easily overfilled blender
- No steamer
The Infantino Squeeze Station
As the name suggests, this baby food maker lets you make baby food easily. You can also store the excess in individual squeeze pouches.
The system is much portable allowing you to store and serve your home-made food anytime.
The Infantino squeeze station comes with three tubes, 10 squeeze pouches, and one press.
It has a soft rubber base which ensures that the station remains securely in place. It also gives a good and easy grip.
- The system holds up to 4 ounces of puree
- It is dishwasher safe
- Non-skid and grip enhanced soft rubber press
- Comes with safe child pouches
- A perfect travelers baby food maker
- Can hold up to 4 ounces of puree
- Comes with 10 single-use pouches
- Enhanced grip and non-skid feature
- Bags can’t be re-used
- The base doesn’t fold for storage
The Beaba Babycook – Sorbet
Cooking and processing fresh baby food within 15 minutes is possible with this Beaba Babycook baby food maker.
This system can warm, steam, defrost and blend food. It is equipped with unique technology which enables it to preserve the food’s vitamins, and flavor thus ensures a healthy meal for your baby anytime.
- Has a 4- in – 1 capability, i.e., Steams, reheat, blend and defrost
- Features a baby auto shut-off feature with audible alert.
- Has a stainless-steel water reservoir
- Dishwasher safe components
- Has a 4.7 cup capacity with more than 17 baby food servings
- BPA, lead, and phthalate free
- Comes with a spatula, mixing lid and recipe booklet
- Has a narrow footprint and removable cord for easy storage
- Dishwasher safe thus easy cleaning
- Preserves vitamins and minerals in the food
- Overly safe
- Cooks in 15 minutes
- May produce an initial plastic smell
- Not ideal for small portion cooking
The Baby Brezza Food Maker
Unlike other systems, this model combines plastic and metal construction materials. This ascertains durability and dependability at the right places.
The system is single bowl designed. With this, you won’t have to transfer hot foods to another bowl which may interrupt the cooking process.
You will appreciate the BPA and phthalate free nature of this system.
- The components are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- One step steamer and blender
- Allows for steaming, blending, reheating and defrosting of food
- Has one bowl design to prevent spills
- The bowl holds up to 2 ½ cups
- Easy to use – one step process
- BPA and phthalate free
- Cooks within 15 minutes
- Easy to clean
- Removing blade for cleaning may be difficult
- Blades may fail to drop down to initial position after steaming
The Beaba Babycook Pro Lattle Mint
This is a solid choice for parents looking for a baby food maker that will make large quantities at once.
The baby food maker has a generous sizing of 4.7 cup capacity making approximately 18 baby servings.
The system is one hand operated. It allows for an effortless blend, steam, defrost and reheat as needed.
For health-conscious parents, they will appreciate its free BPA, phthalates and lead nature. This ensures healthy food for your baby.
- Has an inbuilt 4 – in – 1 capability with steam, defrost, reheat and blend feature
- Has a baby-safe auto shut off feature
- Easy to clean with dishwasher safe components
- Cooks in 15 minutes saving time
- Has a large capacity
- Easy to clean
- Makes food within 15 minutes
- Free from harmful chemicals
- Food may be caught underneath the blade mount
- Frequent lid pop-off
How To Choose The Best Baby Food Maker
Being a new parent, making baby food can be quite a hustle. This is where baby food makers come in.
Look into the following considerations to choose the best food maker.
- Combined steaming and processing
Traditional baby food makers required that you cook vegetables and fruits separately in a steamer.
They, however, had cute colors and enticing decorations. Though it got the job done, cooking separately is time-consuming.
Moreover, it resulted in more dirty dishes, much hands-on work and took much time away from the baby.
With advancing technology, modern food makers have an all-in-one steamer and processor. This simplifies the whole process.
You simply need to put fruits and veggies together, add some water and the system steams it with a push of a button.
Push another button, and your baby food is blended. Some newer, though expensive, models have incorporated a baby food steamer and blender.
That said, find the best baby food maker that steams and blends.
- Ease of use
Baby food makers are supposed to ease the baby food making process. Therefore, get yourself a maker with simple usage directions.
This factor is perhaps what sets apart the good and bad food makers.
Note that the few the steps, the better. Peruse through the owner’s manual to understand the working process of the food maker.
Like other food processors and steaming systems, smoking motors, melting plastics, breaking clips among other defects are common.
However, not all systems have such issues. Whereas others are consistent with these, a few are consistently reliable.
This is ascertained by the provided warranties.
If you decide to invest in a baby food maker, ensure that you spend on the right system. This should be one that guarantees quick and effective puree making.
Avoid baby food makers with weak and slow motors, dull blades, poor blade design or other aspects that diminish the system’s efficiency.
Get a baby food maker with a powerful motor, sharp blades and fast steamer.
Traditional baby food makers used plastic steaming baskets and bowls.
These contained BPA and phthalates which leached to the food causing a myriad of health and developmental issues to the baby.
However, new and recommended systems use heavy duty glass bowls eliminating such pending risks.
They are the best baby food makers that are non-toxic.
This is an individual consideration. Think of the amount of money you want to spend.
This justifies the reason why parenting is overly expensive. The best baby food maker shouldn’t be necessarily expensive.
A cheap baby food maker can also work amazingly. Besides, keep in mind that you will use it only for about six months.
- Manual or electric?
Baby food makers are available in both versions. Deciding what is the best baby food maker among the two can be challenging.
Overally, electric models are faster, efficient and easier to use. On the other hand, manual baby food makers are less expensive, but require manual effort to use.
Having looked at the considerations mentioned above, pick one from the following baby food makers below.
Making your own baby food is certainly advantageous. From saving money, providing options and variety, fresh food to more nutritional value, you have all the reasons for making your own baby food.
However, it is time-consuming, inconvenient for travel and, at times, food needs to be refrigerated. This is why opting for a baby food maker is impeccable.
When searching for baby food makers, decide between an all-in-one machine and a manual system.
All-in-one baby food makers are a great choice for parents who want a hands-off approach to baby food making. The machine simply does everything for them.
Manual food mills, are the traditional systems which required that users steam or roast the food before pureeing it.
PIN FOR LATER