Are You Looking For The Best Outdoor Baby Swing? Check Out Our Reviews Below
Getting a suitable outdoor baby swing for your baby can be onerous, especially now that the market is awash with baby swings
Since time immemorial, swings have been a wonderful pastime for kids as well as adults. The experience is, however, wonderful with kids, something that has prompted more companies to flood the market with baby swings.
This has made it difficult for most parents and guardians to know which baby swing fits their babies..
It needs creativity and some little guidance. Are you among the worried parents, who do not know which baby swing is best for their kids?
Worry no more, we’re here to help you find the best outdoor baby swing brand for your little angel. Go through our product reviews, and enjoy being the awesome parent that you already are!
Little Tikes 2-in-1 Snug ‘n Secure Swing
This is not only the most trusted but also the best-selling outdoor baby swing. From a manufacturer who understands a baby’s needs, this toddler swing is of great quality and prioritizes a baby’s safety.
Many buyers who bought it for an infant or toddler confessed that it was very easy to manipulate.
Some of its notable features include;
- It measures 16.3 x 16 x 17 inches w
- Recommended for children between ages of 9 months and 4 years
- It comes with a rotating T-bar
- Comes in a blue colour
- It doesn’t come with anchors.
- For the baby’s support and safety, it has a T-bar
- It has a convenient way of storing the T-bar and straps
- The high back can support your baby even past two years of age
- Its position is reclined well providing a swing arc perfect for kids
- Its high back is high enough and supports really well
- The T-bar rotates for easier loading and unloading
- You can actually remove the T-bar and straps, especially when the baby is big and no longer needs them
- Its safety mechanism is one of the best
- The plastic is sturdy
- It has a maximum weight limit of 50 lbs
- There have been complains from some clients that the shoulder straps are a bit short
- The buckles have occasionally been faulty
- It is difficult to adjust the safety restraints
- Assembling it can be tedious too
What makes Little Tikes 2-in-1 Snug ‘n Secure Swing the best?
Despite its safety restraints, the ability to recline the seat and remove the T-bar and straps makes it one of long-term. It will genuinely grow with your child, across all stages.
Little Tikes High Back Toddler Swing
Little Tikes is the most trusted brand when it comes to outdoor baby swings. Suitable for 6-36 months old children, this baby swing has a dual restraint system with three-point harness for your baby’s safety. Besides, it comes with a tray for toys or snacks. This might be the best outdoor toddler swing only that it doesn’t grow with them past the toddler stage. If correctly set up, chances of twisting, tipping, or even rolling are close to zero. Its ropes are made of thick nylon which is super-reliable.
Some of its features include;
- It measures 22 x 14 x 14 inches
- It weighs 4.8 pounds
- It is recommended for children between the ages of 6 months to 3 years
- Made of lead-free material
- Its seats are infant-and-toddler-molded
- It comes in a red color
- It is by far one of the safest toddler swings
- It is designed to last long
- Assembling this swing is easy, takes just a few minutes
- It comes with a tray for toys and snacks
- It’s easy to adjust and recline the head support
- It has a maximum weight limit of 45 lbs which is very low
- The thick seat molding might not be comfortable for all ladies
- The molded bucket reduces its longevity
Step2 Infant to Toddler Swing
When it comes to a baby garden swing, this is yet another great choice, made to survive in any weather condition.
It is made of a high-quality UV resistant plastic which withstands the hot summer sun and survives winter as well.
It’s almost similar to Little Tikes only that it has a few limitations. It is, however, roomy, fit for infants and toddlers. Of concern is its longevity, which limits its value compared to others like Little Tikes.
Besides, its safety restraints are adjustable and well made. The T-bar occupies so much space as it is large and likely to cause discomfort to large children.
Some of its features include;
- It measures 24.1 x 16.1 x 10.4 inches
- It weighs 5.4 pounds
- It supports a maximum of 50 lbs
- It is blue in color
- It is made of plastic
- It is easy to assemble
- It has a very comfortable seat
- The high back is so supportive to the baby.
- Once the baby is strapped there it remains safe and snug
- It’s comfortable for kids
- It fits most backyard sets
- The material is water-proof hence doesn’t get damp or rot away
- It is brightly colored, a plus since babies like brightly-colored stuff
- It holds up to 50 lbs.
- It’s suitable for kids who are six months old
- It takes some work to unfasten the shoulder straps
- It provides a very small swing arc
- The T-bar causes discomfort to large babies
- The T-bar is broad and this may limit the swing’s longevity
- As the child grows, you cannot remove the safety harness
Eastern Jungle Gym Full Bucket Swing
It is a totally different new experience you will give your baby if you buy this toddler swing.
Its backrest is quite high which makes your child to be comfortably upright as they swing. Besides, this swing can fit into any beam.
Another top class outdoor baby swing.
Some of its features include;
- It is suspended on an adjustable, 66-inch huge chain
- The chain is attached to the bucket by a beam.
- The chain’s upper part is zinc coated while plasticol coats its remaining 30”
- It is fully assembled and enclosed.
- It measures 14 x 13 x 12 inches
- It has a weight of 8.8 pounds
- Its compact design is one of a kind
- The long chains give it a large swing arc
- The chains are adjustable and they simplify longer use
- It is however designed for older babies from 2 to5 years of age
- Its enclosed design ensures that the baby is safe all-round
- The plastisol prevents your baby from scratches and cuts
- The entire seat uses hardened and non-reactive plastic
- It supports more than 200 lbs weight
- The coatings on the chain make it lovely for the baby to hold, as the temperature is never extreme
- Despite the bucket being made of plastic, it lacks any cushion or pad for added comfort
- Its preferred age is 2-5 years which locks out toddlers
Super Spinner Outdoor Baby Swing
Buying this swing for three-year-old’s and older babies makes outdoor playing more fun for them. The circular baby seat is made of polypropylene, and is large enough to accommodate more than one kid.
This swing won’t lose its color even during summer days.
Some of its features are;
- It measures 27 x 27 x 4 inches
- It weighs 6.3 pounds
- It is green in color
- Its design makes it easy to use this solo swing or with a set
- It comes with a 10 rope.
- The black suspension rope is weather resistant.
- It has two locking clips both heavy duty
- It is weather resistant
- The rope is adjustable
- The seat has a drainage hole to keep it water free all the time
- It can be multipurpose; regular swing, tree swing, spinner, and tier swing.
- It can carry more than 2550 lbs weight
- It accommodates more than one kids to swing at the same time, which makes it more fun
- It’s easy to mount it as it comes with a user manual
- It comes with a two-year warranty
- It is meant for older kids hence is too big for toddlers
- Some clients claim that the ropes wear out rather quickly.
What you need to keep in mind when shopping for an outdoor baby swing
Before you decide to purchase a swing, there are factors you need to take into consideration.
These will help you to not only purchase the best toddler swing but also one that will excite you kid and have him/her very comfortable. These include;
Type Of The Outdoor Baby Swing
This is very important as it affects the other factors. There are different types of baby swings, and different types of swings are suitable for different ages. They include;
Bucket swings- These are the most popular for toddlers as they are the safest. Their design is highly minding of the kid with a high buck support and other security measures.
They are suitable for toddlers as they have a baby swing seat which however doesn’t age with the toddler, he/she can outgrow them.
Disk swings – This is everything opposite of bucket swings. If your kid can’t support his/her own weight then this type of swing is a no for you.
Disk swings come with very little or no safety measures at all.
Gliders- This is an improved version of a disk swing. It has hand holds and feet rests, something that ensures a little stability to your baby.
Belt swings- These are the most common swings as it is not only used by babies, but also adults. It’s the least safe, and should not be used with infants.
It comprises of a seat suspended by a rope or chain.
This, in fact, should dictate your purchase. How safe will your kid be on that swing? Most baby swings are differentiated by this factor.
Bucket swings are the safest as they have high backs and T-straps to have your baby stable and safe.
Will your baby be comfortable in the swing? Discomfort also affects them health-wise, as bad posture might harm their spines.
As such, the belt swing is the most comfortable swing as it allows the baby to swing in any posture. The bucket swing is so limiting to this.
Size of the baby swing
It will be a waste of money to buy a bucket swing only to find that your baby is huge and can’t fit in there.
On the other hand, it will be unsafe to have a tiny baby in an oversized baby swing as he/she won’t be stable.
Size is important to consider when buying an outdoor baby swing.
Features of the toddler swing
What else does the swing have? Most people focus solely on the seat, but you should also look at the hangers, the fasteners as well as other parts of the baby swings.
Some swings come with additions like toys, music settings and even vibrations. You will also decide if you need those whistles and bells or not. However, kids love them.
Yes, your budget is also essential. How wide are you willing to open your wallet? You should set an expense limit.
As much as you don’t want to a cheap baby swing to compromise quality, do not spend more than you need to, especially on extras.
Elements like the music settings, a fancy tree house or even a toy always escalate the price, and the swing can do without them.
After taking all the above considerations, which are the best outdoor baby swings? Let’s have a look.
An outdoor baby swing is one of the best things you can get for your baby and to ensure that your baby has the best, follow the above steps and use the above information to make a purchase.
You can’t be disappointed, you little angel deserves the fun!